Friday, January 8, 2010

The Bittersweet Ending of an Era

After 1306 days (3 years, 6 months, 27 days), Savannah has ended our breastfeeding career. Monday, January 4, 2010 was the last night Savannah had "Mama Milk". In celebration, after making sure she was really finished, we had a "No More Milk Party" to honor the momentous occasion, complete with a breast-shaped cake!

Some of you are aware of the hardships Savannah and I faced when she was first learning to nurse and understand how much her being able to successfully breastfeed means to our family. Her father and I are so proud of and admire her persistence and perseverance!! Thank you to all who supported us through this difficult process, especially to Nurse Kelsie--we would not have been successful without you!!

For both of us, the transition has been bittersweet, but we have had plenty of time to work up to it. Though I hadn't set out to breastfeed as long as I did, I felt I owed it to my baby to breastfeed as long as it "worked" for our family.

Here's to my big girl:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


No comments: